The 1898 Year Book of the Chamber of Commerce of New Haven, as seen below, provides the answer to the Hagaman brothers' connection to Brevoort House. The excerpts are from page 35 and page 36:
Young Hagaman then obtained a position in Judson'shotel 61 Broadway, New York City, the proprietor ofwhich was Curtiss Judson, who was afterwards proprietorof the Brevoort House on Eighth Street. In 1854, Mr. Judsongave Theodore, who was then fifteen years of age, a clerkshipin the Brevoort Cafe. Henry Hagaman, his brother was at thetime head clerk of the hotel. For thirteen years he remainedat the Brevoort, when in 1867 he and his brother Henry,together with Isaac Hagaman, another brother, as silentpartner, leased the Albermarle House, corner of Broad Streetand 14th street, for a term of ten years. On February 26, 1876,Henry died. From this time, and until the expiration of thelease in 1877, a little more than a year, Theodore and Isaacconducted the business, after which the two brothers cameto East Haven to live.